Ten Best Publications :
1. Erythromycin in pityriasis rosea: A double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. PK Sharma, TP Yadav, RK Gautam, N Taneja, L Satyanarayana. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2000; 42 (2), 241-244. (Cited- 150 times)
2. Occurrence of ESBL & Amp-C [beta]-lactamases & susceptibility to newer antimicrobial agents in complicated UTI. N Taneja, P Rao, J Arora, A Dogra. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2008; 127 (1), 85. (Cited- 116 times)
3. Pediatric urinary tract infections in a tertiary care center from north India.N Taneja, SS Chatterjee, M Singh, S Singh, M Sharma. Indian J Med Res 2010; 131, 101-105. (Cited- 80 times)
4. A prospective study of hospital-acquired infections in burn patients at a tertiary care referral centre in North India. N Taneja, R Emmanuel, PS Chari, M Sharma. Burns, 2004; 30 (7), 665-669. (Cited- 79 times)
5. Molecular characterization of multidrug-resistant Shigella species isolated from epidemic and endemic cases of shigellosis in India. GP Pazhani, SK Niyogi, AK Singh, B Sen, N Taneja, M Kundu. Journal of medical microbiology 2008; 57 (7), 856-863. (Cited- 72 times)
6. Imipenem resistance in nonfermenters causing nosocomial urinary tract infections. N Taneja, S Maharwal, M Sharma. Indian journal of medical sciences 2003; 57 (7), 294. (Cited- 69 times)
7. Changing epidemiology of shigellosis and emergence of ciprofloxacin-resistant Shigellae in India. N Taneja. Journal of clinical microbiology 2007; 45 (2), 678-679. (Cited- 64 times)
8. Emergence of tigecycline & colistin resistant Acinetobacter baumanii in patients with complicated urinary tract infections in north India. N Taneja, G Singh, M Singh, M Sharma. The Indian journal of medical research 2011,133 (6), 681. (Cited -58 times)
9. Significance of vancomycin resistant enterococci from urinary specimens at a tertiary care centre in northern India. N Taneja, P Rani, R Emmanuel, M Sharma. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2004,119 (2), 72. (cited – 50 times)
10. Outbreaks caused by new variants of Vibrio cholerae O1 El Tor, India. Taneja N, Mishra A, Sangar G, Singh G, Sharma M. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009 Feb;15(2):352-4.
11. Spread of cholera with newer clones of Vibrio cholerae O1 El Tor, serotype Inaba, in India. B Dutta, R Ghosh, NC Sharma, GP Pazhani, N Taneja, A Raychowdhuri. Journal of clinical microbiology. 2006.44 (9), 3391-3393 (Cited- 35 times)
12. Taneja N, Mewara A, Kumar A, Verma G, Sharma M. Cephalosporin-resistant Shigella flexneri over 9 years (2001-09) in India. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2012 Mar 12. (Cited- 34 times)
13. Environmental and epidemiological surveillance of Vibrio cholerae in a cholera‐endemic region in India with freshwater environs. A Mishra, N Taneja, M Sharma. Journal of applied microbiology.2012, 112 (1), 225-237 (Cited – 19 times)
14. Nosocomial outbreak of diarrhoea by enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli among preterm neonates in a tertiary care hospital in India: pitfalls in healthcare. N Taneja, A Das, DSVR Rao, N Jain, M Singh, M Sharma. Journal of Hospital Infection: 2003, 53 (3), 193-197. (Cited- 18 times)
15. Viability kinetics, induction, resuscitation and quantitative real‐time polymerase chain reaction analyses of viable but nonculturable Vibrio cholerae O1 in freshwater microcosm. A Mishra, N Taneja, M Sharma. Journal of applied microbiology: 2012, 112 (5), 945-953. (Cited-17 times)
16. Study of nosocomial urinary tract infections in a pediatric intensive care unit. SM Brindha, M Jayashree, S Singhi, N Taneja. Journal of tropical pediatrics: 2010, 104. (Cited- 15 times)
17. Epidemiology and molecular characterization of vancomycin resistant Enterococci isolates in India. BY Khudaier, R Tewari, S Shafiani, M Sharma, R Emmanuel, M Sharma. Scandinavian journal of infectious diseases: 2007, 39 (8), 662-670. (Cited- 14 times)
18. Detection of Shiga toxin variants among Shiga toxin–forming Escherichia coli isolates from animal stool, meat and human stool samples in India. A Kumar, N Taneja, Y Kumar, M Sharma. Journal of applied microbiology 113 (5), 1208-1216 (Cited- 13 times)
19. Dipstick test for rapid diagnosis of Shigella dysenteriae 1 in bacterial cultures and its potential use on stool samples. N Taneja, F Nato, S Dartevelle, JM Sire, B Garin, LNT Phuong, JC Shako. PloS one: 2011 6 (10), e24830. (Cited- 9 times)
20. Hydrogen peroxide fogging in an overcrowded tertiary care referral centre: some practical queries. N Taneja, M Biswal, R Emmanuel, M Singh, M Sharma. Journal of Hospital Infection: 2005 60 (1), 85. (Cited- 7 times)
21. Point prevalence surveys of healthcare-associated infections and use of indwelling devices and antimicrobials over three years in a tertiary care hospital in India. A Kumar, M Biswal, N Dhaliwal, R Mahesh, SB Appannanavar, V Gautam, N Taneja. Journal of Hospital Infection 86 (4), 272-274 (Cited- 6 times)
22. Amplified fragment length polymorphism of clinical and environmental Vibrio cholerae from a freshwater environment in a cholera-endemic area, India. A Mishra, N Taneja, RK Sharma, R Kumar, NC Sharma, M Sharma. BMC infectious diseases 11 (1), 1 (Cited- 4 times)
23. Taneja N, Kaur H. Insights into Newer Antimicrobial Agents against Gram-negative Bacteria. Microbiol Insights. 2016 Mar 20; 9: 9-19. (Cited- 4 times)
24. Serotype profile and molecular characterization of antimicrobial resistance in non-typhoidal Salmonella isolated from gastroenteritis cases over nine years. Neelam Taneja, Suma B. Appannanavar, Ajay Kumar, Garima Varma, Yashwant Kumar, Balvinder Mohan, Meera Sharma. Med Microbiol. 2014 Jan; 63(Pt 1):66-73.
25. An Epidemiological and Environmental Study of Shiga Toxin–Producing Escherichia coli in India. A Kumar, N Taneja, M Sharma. Foodborne pathogens and disease:2014,11 (6), 439-446 (Cited- 2 times)
26. Molecular characterization of Shiga-toxigenic Escherichia coli isolated from diverse sources from India by multi-locus variable number tandem repeat analysis (MLVA). A Kumar, N Taneja, RK Sharma, H Sharma, T Ramamurthy, M Sharma. Epidemiology and infection:2014,142 (12), 2572-2582 (Cited- 1 time)
27. Novel Immunogenic Antigens of Shigella. N Taneja, S Pahil, M Sharma. US Patent App. 2013,14/443,555.
28. Malvi S, Appannanavar S, Mohan B, Kaur H, Gautam N, Bharti B, Kumar Y, Taneja N. Comparative analysis of virulence determinants, antibiotic susceptibility pattern and serogrouping of atypical enteropathogenic E coli versus typical enteropathogenic E.coli in India. J Med Microbiol. 2015; 64(10):1208-15.
29. Taneja N, Sethuraman N, Mishra A, Mohan B. The 2002 Chandigarh cholera outbreak revisited: utility of MALDI-TOF as a molecular epidemiology tool. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2016 Jun; 62(6):452-8.